Holistic Health: Benefits of Himalayan Salt Lamps
Okay guys, I’ve been obsessed with holistic health lately. I’m buying air purifying plants, working out, buying fresh produce from the local farmers market, giving myself more aromatherapy spa days, and learning to appreciate my body by giving it what it needs, when it needs it. Which is why I want to talk to you about the benefits of Himalayan salt lamps.
I bought my first and currently only salt lamp when I moved to England at the most adorable local shop after finding out:
- There’s 2X – 5X more indoor air pollution than than outdoors.
- Indoor air quality is one of the top five environmental risks to public health
- 96% of homes have at least one indoor air quality problem.
Some of the benefits of having a Himalayan salt lamp include:
- Air purification– Salt lamps trap indoor air pollutants such as mold, bacteria and allergens by attracting water vapors. Particularly great for those who live in industrial cities.
- Ease asthma and allergy symptoms– Himalayan salt is used in asthma inhalers to bring relief to those with these ailments. A fact I didn’t know until recently.
- Boosts mood and promotes sleep– The light pink/orange color makes this the perfect bedside lamp, enhancing your mood and promoting a good sleep pattern by creating a calm atmosphere.
- They neutralize electromagnetic radiation. Salt lamps reduce airborne infections and radiation by balancing positive and negative ions.
- Decreases anxiety and stress by promoting a sense of calm.
Those are the health benefits of having salt lamps! I keep mine in my office since I spend a lot of time in there and need some mood boosts here and there. I love having it there!
Do you have a Himalayan salt lamp (or five)? Where do you display them? Show me on Instagram!
Until next time,